AVSIG: Uproar at P.O.S. wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Piper

Pages: 1
Joe Budge (W29)
Top Gun

Reged: 04/30/04
Uproar at P.O.S.
      #310362 - 02/04/11 09:51 PM

Quote:

A message from the president
This is to inform you that Dan Weiler, Executive Director of the Piper Owner Society, will plead guilty to charges of mail fraud in connection with his previous employment. We became aware of this news this week and immediately confirmed with Dan that the reports were true.
Before joining POS, Dan was sales manager for an electronics retailer, a company he represented for 14 years. At the end of 2007 and the beginning of 2008, Dan submitted false sales claims to Sony Corporation in order to continue receiving sales incentive rewards. “I freely admit I did something stupid,” he told us. “I shouldn’t have done it and I am extremely sorry for it. I wish I could go back and change it, but I can’t.”
Dan is an excellent executive director, a good friend, and he has had a dramatically positive impact on the Piper Owner Society. Through his hard work and dedication, your organization has shown dramatic growth, improved benefits and better communication and I want to assure you that we will continue to retain Dan in his position as executive director.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly. My e-mail address is joejones@jonespublishing.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . You can also reach me by phone at 866-MY-PIPER (866-697-4737) ext. 117.

Joe Jones, President
Aircraft Owner Group

Ummm ... think I ought to change my password? <g>

Regards,
Joe

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

Reged: 05/17/04
Loc: ADS (Dallas, TX)
Re: Uproar at P.O.S. [Re: Joe Budge (W29)]
      #310364 - 02/04/11 10:04 PM

A lady that was his good friend posted on the POA board that he was a great guy and she's surprised he would get into this kind of situation. Sales awards must have been pretty enticing for the DA to take an interest.

Best,

Dave

Joe Budge (W29)
Top Gun

Reged: 04/30/04
Re: Uproar at P.O.S. [Re: Dave Siciliano (ADS)]
      #310409 - 02/05/11 02:22 AM

Newspaper reports said he faked some $2 million plus in sales to get $78,000 in sales awards from Sony.

Regards,
Joe

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3823

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG