AVSIG: FAA - Where customers come last (sign says so!) avsig.jpg (7236 bytes)

About AVSIG Membership Blog The AVSIG Store Free Guest Registration Mark All Posts "Read"

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> FAA Topics

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Steve Stombaugh (IND)
AVSIG Member

Reged: 05/01/04
Loc: Indiana
Re: FAA - Where customers come last (sign says so!) [Re: Scott Dunham (RDU)]
      #440793 - 07/22/17 11:20 AM

Quote:

At many ATC facilities the visitor parking is outside the gate, and it can be quite a hike to the building. I hit 18 of the 20 centers at one time or another, and none of them had the same security process. Go figure...

As a new-hire I had to go over to center to get my picture taken?? I drove in the driveway, which had no sign - until I got to the building where I saw the one-way sign. I got an a$$-chewing from the security guard, with a gun - even though I was 'one of them'.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Steve Stombaugh (IND)
AVSIG Member

Reged: 05/01/04
Loc: Indiana
Re: FAA - Where customers come last (sign says so!) [Re: Terry Carraway]
      #440794 - 07/22/17 11:21 AM

Quote:

Real story is, the employees wanted to park close to not walk so far, and came up with the "security" story as a reason why this was best. :)

While that may be 'funny', in reality the 'in the trench' workers wonder the same type of things. Eventually you just give up wondering and realize it is the dysfunction of working for the government.

Scott Dunham (RDU)
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
Re: FAA - Where customers come last (sign says so!) [Re: Steve Stombaugh (IND)]
      #440815 - 07/22/17 10:04 PM

Even though I had NTSB ID, it wasn't FAA ID, so I was the "wrong kind of federal employee" and thus often, but not always, given the full ants-at-a-picnic treatment when visiting centers. We'd usually work with somebody from NATCA on accidents, but generally they were from a different center so the guard didn't know them, either - but they had FAA ID. One center was putting me through the mill while the NATCA guy watched, and once they got through jerking me around the guard asked who was driving the rental car. When I told him I was, he said he'd have to search it before letting us in. I asked if he had to search it if the NATCA guy was driving - "No." So I tossed the keys to my pal and we drove on in.

Doh.

Scott Dunham (RDU)
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
Re: FAA - Where customers come last (sign says so!) [Re: Steve Stombaugh (IND)]
      #440816 - 07/22/17 10:06 PM

Yeah, "sense of humor" isn't usually a selection criteria for security guards...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2059

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG