AVSIG: Nice Vision Jet photos (with text) wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Cirrus Design

Pages: 1
John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]
Top Gun

Reged: 09/13/01
Loc: Minnesota
Nice Vision Jet photos (with text)
      #439228 - 06/05/17 09:52 PM

Here's a link to 16 nice photos with descriptions regarding the Vision Jet. Some will look familiar to those who have toured the Cirrus factory in Duluth.

https://www.wired.com/2017/06/cirrus-sf5-vision-jet/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Andrew Niemyer -KDLH
Top Gun

Reged: 09/18/04
Re: Nice Vision Jet photos (with text) [Re: John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]]
      #439254 - 06/07/17 08:32 AM

It's been nice to see the recent increase of SF50 publicity in non-aviation markets. It goes all the way back to Alan's vision to actually expand the GA market, not sell the same things to the same core group, over and over.

Of course, the negativists are saying "gee, if their sales are locked in for the first five years of production, as their chief sales goon claims, why are they advertising?" I think they realize a number of folks purchased and ultimately held onto positions as investments, figuring they'll sell those positions for a healthy markup. That seems to be proving true, anecdotally.

I'll have a PIREP on flying the SF50 soon. All I need to do is to get that one winning Powerball ticket! ;)

Best,
Andy

Russell Holton
AVSIG Member

Reged: 07/07/05
Re: Nice Vision Jet photos (with text) [Re: Andrew Niemyer -KDLH]
      #439284 - 06/08/17 01:51 AM

Quote:

Of course, the negativists are saying "gee, if their sales are locked in for the first five years of production, as their chief sales goon claims, why are they advertising?"

IIRC, that was described in the book The Soul of A New Machine. The advertising isn't there to get new converts as much as to keep and maintain the "pride" (for lack of a better word) of the owners and keep them "in the family". If everyone else is running nice spreads and your chosen system isn't, it makes you feel like you bought in to some 3rd-tier computer.

I always wondered why Commodore 64 was adverting in magazines that were about the C64. In that case, I think it was a way of supporting the magazine, but I also see the point in keeping the owners happy with their choice.

John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]
Top Gun

Reged: 09/13/01
Re: Nice Vision Jet photos (with text) [Re: Andrew Niemyer -KDLH]
      #439325 - 06/08/17 11:14 PM

Quote:

Of course, the negativists are saying "gee, if their sales are locked in for the first five years of production, as their chief sales goon claims, why are they advertising?" I think they realize a number of folks purchased and ultimately held onto positions as investments, figuring they'll sell those positions for a healthy markup

Our flying club has a waiting list now. We are still investing in a little marketing. For the past number of years we've brought an airplane over to the Wings of the North Air Expo across the field. I just authorized the $350 for this year's exhibit. We want to keep our name out there. We won't always have a waiting list. :)

John

Terry Carraway
Top Gun

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Maryland
Re: Nice Vision Jet photos (with text) [Re: John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]]
      #439367 - 06/10/17 07:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Of course, the negativists are saying "gee, if their sales are locked in for the first five years of production, as their chief sales goon claims, why are they advertising?" I think they realize a number of folks purchased and ultimately held onto positions as investments, figuring they'll sell those positions for a healthy markup

Our flying club has a waiting list now. We are still investing in a little marketing. For the past number of years we've brought an airplane over to the Wings of the North Air Expo across the field. I just authorized the $350 for this year's exhibit. We want to keep our name out there. We won't always have a waiting list. :)

John

Because if you wait until you have openings to advertise (club or manufacturer), you have to wait for orders (members), and have a time period of open slots.

Basic business.

Also why, when we had our consulting company, I preferred to have a number of smaller customers, rather than one big one. With one big one, you have good income, until you don't have any income, until you can find another big one.

With a lot of smaller ones, you get variable, but steady, income.

--------------------
Terry
Mostly 0W3

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2089

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG