AVSIG: We are the Borg wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Hardware/Software

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Cole Loftus [C89]
Top Gun

Reged: 05/04/04
Re: We are the Borg [Re: Terry Carraway]
      #419863 - 12/25/15 11:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I could never go back from HP. I've got PC and Android HP calculator apps over the years, too.

I discovered that when Xfinity WAPs started showing up on my travels. I've got Comcast, but use my own modem and router.

Regarding Windows 10, I wish that I could use it, but it comes with Microsoft as system administrator. I'm curious to see how they do with a combination of free upgrade and shifting control of the computer further towards MS.

Same here. Excaliber is the PC based RPN calculator I use. And best, it is free.

The HP-41CX app for iPhone is very nice, and even looks like an HP-41, but a neat addition, is above the main display, is a row of small boxes showing the stack contents.

I have a couple of HP-41s around, and a printer and card reader and a couple of app packs (including the Aviation one). And an HP-48 or 49. Basically a big -41, with a large graphics screen.

Same here with Comcast. My equipment.

Did not know that about Win10. Interesting.

I wonder how that will play with government agencies, where most employees do not have admin access.

A bit facetious here with what I said about MS, but the control shift is definite, at least for consumers and small business. Just Google "Windows 10 privacy". I understand that the control of the Enterprise version is not the same, and remains with the purchasers/licensees, where it should be.

I still have my old HP-25, and a 41CX with Navigation pack. I should find a home for those.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9338

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG