AVSIG: Firefox Buggy? wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Hardware/Software

Pages: 1
Andrew Niemyer -KDLH
Top Gun

Reged: 09/18/04
Loc: Minnesota
Firefox Buggy?
      #415416 - 09/18/15 09:50 AM

Ratz:
I've used Mozilla Firefox for years, mainly due to my disgust with how Explorer ran and still runs. And for years it was mainly trouble-free.

However, for the last several iterations I've noticed significant bugs creeping in; including random Adobe Flash crashes, weird page hang-ups and other artifacts of issues that seem to be underlying somewhere in the code. When I have run Safari or Firefox in the OSX environment I haven't noticed these issues, so I have to ask if anyone else running in Windows have encountered odd behavior lately?

I'm running, for now, W7Pro, but am building an entirely new desktop system that will run W8Pro until the W10 Service Pack One comes out. (You can't fool me, Microsoft)

Best regards,
Andy

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mase Taylor
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: SOCAL
Re: Firefox Buggy? [Re: Andrew Niemyer -KDLH]
      #415419 - 09/18/15 10:05 AM

I'm running Firefox 40.0.3 on 4 Win7 machines. Never have seen the problems you describe.

My Androids run Chrome.

--------------------
Fly The Airplane As Far Into The Crash As Possible. - Bob Hoover 1922-2016 R.I.P.

Ward Miller POU-NY
Top Gun

Reged: 05/05/04
Loc: New York
Firefox Buggy? [Re: Andrew Niemyer -KDLH]
      #415424 - 09/18/15 10:33 AM

Andy, I'm running Firefox on three Win7Pro machines. No problems relating to
FF. It seems to have fixes too often for my taste and sometimes a fix
follows another by a day or so (apparently to correct a bad fix). but other
than that I have not encountered any problems with it.

OTOH, I stopped applying Adobe fixes some time ago when they seemed to always
cause me a problem.

Of course, that is just one data point.

Russell Holton
AVSIG Member

Reged: 07/07/05
      #415441 - 09/18/15 01:45 PM

I don't use FF myself, but I've gotten the sense that they're not doing as well. I'm a Chrome guy myself. Updates once, maybe twice a month. It may seem overly simplistic, but it works.

I also run Adblock for Chrome. Life is good.

Andrew Niemyer -KDLH
Top Gun

Reged: 09/18/04
Loc: Minnesota
      #415560 - 09/20/15 08:16 AM

Thanks for the thoughts and insights. I know there's been some real complaints lately with whatever's happened with Flash. There's another program that somehow attached itself to Firefox that was supposed to be a mere "update" that was pretty much a totally new program with new bugs, er "features" and I suspect that's an issue.

Since I'm going to be launching a completely new system here in a couple of weeks, I expect I'll live with it for now, then retire the old girl with honor. Eight years of almost constantly running hard-drive, only a couple of hardware crashes and one very nasty infection, it's been a good machine. Say what you will about HP, but they have served long and honorably. Windoze, OTOH, seems like every other OS is a major POS. Vista, original 8...

FWIW, and OT, Son #1 just installed W10 over a brand-new W8 laptop and is very pleased.

then again, as GG said last night over dinner, at this point, the actual hardware is simply an appliance. Can't say that from a macro POV, he's wrong.

Best,
Andy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1992

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG