AVSIG: Cirrus Personal Jet wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Cirrus Design

Pages: 1
Mase Taylor
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: SOCAL
Cirrus Personal Jet
      #397046 - 09/27/14 10:16 PM

At OSH 2014.

HERE

--------------------
Fly The Airplane As Far Into The Crash As Possible. - Bob Hoover 1922-2016 R.I.P.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tom Charlton
Top Gun

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: The west coast of Florida
Re: Cirrus Personal Jet [Re: Mase Taylor]
      #397066 - 09/28/14 11:51 AM Attachment (368 downloads)

Quote:

Mase wrote:
At OSH 2014.
HERE

Hi Mase,
Admiral Andy arranged an extra special tour of the Cirrus facility during the Duluth gig. Included a presentation with Q&A with Dale Klapmeier and also the chief engineer. Also Q&A with several other knowledgeable insiders during the tour. We saw a lot of activity surrounding final testing of the Cirrus Vision SF50 jet and establishment of production tooling.

It was good getting the inside poop via our very own Admiral Andy on Cirrus and COPA.
As with many aircraft businesses Cirrus has a complicated and convoluted history. All centered around a very slick airplane with Chinese involvement, bean counters and great animosity between two very interesting brothers. Great success coupled with emanate financial demise.

Regards,
Tom Charlton (who’s optimistic about the Cirrus jet but doesn’t have the money to put where his mouth is)<g>

--------------------
The airplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, 1939.

Edited by Tom Charlton (09/28/14 11:52 AM)

Andrew Niemyer -KDLH
Top Gun

Reged: 09/18/04
Loc: Minnesota
Re: Cirrus Personal Jet [Re: Mase Taylor]
      #397199 - 09/30/14 02:25 PM

Mase,
That's the original proof-of-concept bird that first flew back in 2008. They are now flying "C-Zero", the first conforming prototype. They plan to have three flying by the end of the year, after which I understand the original bird will be retired. Worth noting that the tail feathers have been enlarged and moved some, and there are now anti-yaw vanes on the lower fins. I believe that after it completes its test program, C-Zero will be the bird they will use for the CAPS testing out at El Centro, CA.

best,
Andy

Stephanie Belser
Top Gun APC

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: KFAM
Re: Cirrus Personal Jet [Re: Tom Charlton]
      #397206 - 09/30/14 04:08 PM

Quote:

who’s optimistic about the Cirrus jet

I'm kind of skeptical that Cirrus is going to be able to deliver the C-Jet for less than any of the single-engine turboprops.

--------------------
What the hell is an "aluminum falcon"?

Reams Goodloe
Top Gun

Reged: 05/07/04
Loc: Kent, Washington
Re: Cirrus Personal Jet [Re: Stephanie Belser]
      #397613 - 10/08/14 12:00 AM

>>>I'm kind of skeptical that Cirrus is going to be able to deliver the C-Jet for less than any of the single-engine turboprops. <<<

Whatever, probably won't matter.

The key to success for this jet may be whether or not Cirrus management + friends in high places + others --- are successful in prying sufficient airspace out of the hands of the Chinese military to allow operation of these jets in China - as well as getting some decent concessions on warranty parts and spares, as regards customs tariffs into China. It is a work in progress, slow and frustrating to many, even by Chinese standards.

Lots of issues to be resolved before any real GA appears in China.

- Reams -

Richard Duxbury (Dux)
Top Gun

Reged: 05/15/04
Loc: Minneapolis/Tucson
Re: Cirrus Personal Jet [Re: Andrew Niemyer -KDLH]
      #409245 - 05/20/15 09:17 AM

As part of the recent Minnesota funding bill, the Legislature approved a $4M loan to help build a $10.5M jet manufacturing plant for Cirrus Aircraft in Duluth.

Still needs to get signed by the Gov., which seems likely.

The location is next to the existing factory and finance office. Construction would start in August and take about one year.

Cirrus was purchased by China Aviation Industry in 2011.

Regards,

Dux

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5677

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG