AVSIG: Airplane for sale :-( wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> AVSIG Marketplace

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sean Franklin
Top Gun

Reged: 08/15/04
Loc: Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Re: Airplane for sale :-( [Re: Andrew Niemyer -KDLH]
      #226318 - 12/07/08 09:42 PM

Not actively seeking the replacement yet, I want to see if I can find some practical partners first and then we'll go about finding an airplane. In the meantime I'm checked out in an Arrow at a nearby airport, and will check out in their 182RG with Aspen glass and 530 GPS.

Bartelt's done right by me and I would certainly deal with them as a buyer again, but too soon to think of that as of yet.

And, I truly believe that N41847 is as good an example of a late-model Saratoga as anyone could ask for. I had only 2 items on my "wish list" of upgrades - Aspen EFIS (about $12k) and TKS ($29k). Had the economy not tanked, I'd have likely done both in the spring.

--------------------
Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
John Cooper [KAVL]
Top Gun

Reged: 04/28/05
Re: Airplane for sale :-( [Re: Sean Franklin]
      #227706 - 12/15/08 06:31 PM

Sean--

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking about letting your beautiful Saratoga go. I'm surprised that the "cycle gadget" market is down. Are you sure it's not just a winter slump? That must happen every year, right?

--------------------
"Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates, and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. . . . The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Judge Janis Rogers Brown

Sean Franklin
Top Gun

Reged: 08/15/04
Loc: Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Re: Airplane for sale :-( [Re: John Cooper [KAVL]]
      #227783 - 12/16/08 08:28 AM

We're seeing a significant drop in business, not as much as a lot of other industries but definitely a lot of people aren't spending as much this year. Selling the airplane is preemptive, it's not a burden yet but if the trend deepens it could be. The Toga was never intended to be my "last" airplane, so I think it's best to sell now while there is still a decent market for such things. My broker says the $300k+ market is doing well, while the lower brackets are seeing few buyers (but lots of sellers).

Since my show schedule for 2009 happens to have a lot of shows nearby, it won't be a burden to be without a plane. If business regains strength, maybe I'll start looking for a Malibu or Meridian late next year.

--------------------
Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6572

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG