AVSIG: Garmin Aera 796 for sale on Ebay wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> AVSIG Marketplace

Pages: 1
Denis Breslin
AVSIG Member

Reged: 02/17/16
Garmin Aera 796 for sale on Ebay
      #422709 - 03/10/16 03:48 AM

I bought a Garmin Aera 796 (touchscreen) when I thought someone stole mine and we needed one for our NIFA team at San Diego Christian College. But before the event, we found it so the new unit is sitting unused and I need to sell it. I listed it on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-Aera-796-GPS-Navigator-New-/331796100096?

It is a marvelous unit and I consider it a great complement to my GTN750 (also touchscreen), but with better XM weather than the ADSB, and so much more information at your fingertips. It is superior to the iPad EFB (Foreflight/Jeppesen Mobile FD) in several regards, notably it does not overheat and does not freeze or hang up.

As a former military and airline pilot, my experience with the 796 is the best of any of the GPS navigators I've used. Take a look if you are in the market for a portable GPS. It is new in the box (not original package though) with the free database update. Thanks for looking,
Denny

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mase Taylor
Top Gun

Reged: 04/30/04
Loc: SOCAL
Re: Garmin Aera 796 for sale on Ebay [Re: Denis Breslin]
      #422712 - 03/10/16 09:48 PM

Welcome to AVSIG!

--------------------
Fly The Airplane As Far Into The Crash As Possible. - Bob Hoover 1922-2016 R.I.P.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3614

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG