AVSIG: Citation II info wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Cessna

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

Reged: 05/17/04
Loc: ADS (Dallas, TX)
Re: Citation II info [Re: Rick Durden]
      #390771 - 05/15/14 10:18 AM

Thanks Rick! Very helpful. I keep hearing how simple it is to fly, but Flight Safety, SIMCOM and Simuflight all have two week initial courses; then, I need a five days for single pilot! Getting it under contract now. Nice plane for it's age with a lot of extras. We're going to get Garmin units in it right away. It does have thrust reversers, eight passenger seats, finished out rear baggage area. Going by pics now, but owned by a company here in the area for the last five years with friends in common. I'll get into range and weight and balance ASAP. Heavy duty gear with gross weight increase which means one can land sooner after takeoff with full fuel(g). Their pilot and my friend both talked about middle 30s and said the only time that could be problematic was on arrivals to Lax or other busy airports with arrivals. I don't do much of that, usually go to the satellite, GA airport if I can. Visiting family is that case.

Best,

Dave

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rick Durden
Top Gun

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: Citation II info [Re: Dave Siciliano (ADS)]
      #390774 - 05/15/14 01:25 PM

Dave,

The initial type rating course at FSI was two weeks back in the early 1980s. Single pilot was one more sim session, don't recall if extra days were tacked on. Just recalling that single pilot equipment included a boom mic attached to the left side window so the pilot could talk hands free - no one used headsets back then.

Umm, also recalling that I was surprised how fast the engine spool up time was compared to the Lear, very little delay.

Hope you enjoy the airplane.

Warmest regards,
Rick

Randy Sohn
Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: Savage, MN - U.S.A.
Re: Citation II info [Re: Rick Durden]
      #390776 - 05/15/14 02:58 PM

Quote:

initial type rating course at FSI.....Single pilot was one more sim session......Hope you enjoy the airplane.

Dave, sure do wish I could help you a bit but Rick's comments here more than encompass what little I knew about the airplane, sure do concur with Rick's hope, wish I could help and am sending you by separate mail someone who flies them for some electric tool company and others, also gives type ratings.

I also recall the SP training, interesting stuff!

best, randy

Steve Stombaugh (IND)
Public Guest

Reged: 05/01/04
Loc: Indiana
      #390779 - 05/15/14 04:05 PM

Dave, I'll PM you my phone - Mitch woke me up. I'm ashamed to say I couldn't remember my log-in.

Steve

Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

Re: Citation II info [Re: Steve Stombaugh (IND)]
      #390780 - 05/15/14 04:29 PM

Thanks! Several folks have been very helpful.

This plane went through what appears to be a very thorough pre-buy by another potential purchaser who dropped it to purchase another plane. Inspecting shop wrote it up as un-airworthy for a couple seemingly small fixes and seller had to go get it. They weren't flying it anymore, so, had to get a crew that was current. Brought their mechanic up who cured the immediate issues. So, now they want to make sure if we take it somewhere for a pre-buy, we return it in current condition (g). I don't know details, but they sound like they just did a handshake deal and got burned a bit.
Of course, the numbers have to work for me going in. We'll probably go down and look at the plane with the squawk sheet in hand and see if we need to renegotiate before taking it to pre-buy.

Thanks.

Dave

Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

#390783 - 05/15/14 07:44 PM

Like the CII from all I see, read and have been told, but this one seems to have a few issues the Seller doesn't want to address. We'll tell them of our interest, but that they would need to fix airworthy issues before we were willing to proceed. They offered a bit lower price to sell AS IS subject to a pre-buy. We don't want to go through the pain of moving, inspecting and dropping with what we see..sigh. So, I'll probably keep poking around. Maybe this seller will reevaluate their position.

Best,

Dave

Russell Holton
AVSIG Member

Reged: 07/07/05
      #390785 - 05/15/14 08:42 PM

Quote:

they would need to fix airworthy issues before we were willing to proceed.

Strikes me as odd they'd be reluctant to address that. Unless they think it would escape notice in another pre-buy.

Ralph Jones
Top Gun

Loc: 4CO2
Re: Citation II info [Re: Russell Holton]
      #390786 - 05/15/14 08:48 PM

Quote:

Unless they think it would escape notice in another pre-buy.

...or they know enough history about the discrepancies to know they go deeper than the existing pre-buy disclosed.

--------------------
Ralph Jones
LS-4a N49LS 6R

Russell Holton
AVSIG Member

Reged: 07/07/05
Re: Citation II info [Re: Ralph Jones]
      #390788 - 05/15/14 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Unless they think it would escape notice in another pre-buy.

...or they know enough history about the discrepancies to know they go deeper than the existing pre-buy disclosed.

I know when buying a house, there's frequently a set-side in escrow to fix discrepancies that comes out of what the seller receives. Is there anything like that when buying airplanes?

Edited by Russell Holton (05/15/14 08:55 PM)

Ralph Jones
Top Gun

Loc: 4CO2
Re: Citation II info [Re: Russell Holton]
      #390793 - 05/15/14 09:36 PM

Beats me...

--------------------
Ralph Jones
LS-4a N49LS 6R

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 48631

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG