AVSIG: Citation II info wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Cessna

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

Reged: 05/17/04
Loc: ADS (Dallas, TX)
Citation II info
      #390697 - 05/13/14 04:36 PM

Anyone have time in a Citation II or know where I can get some perspective and operating cost numbers? I'm looking at some different planes and there's one of these available here. Looks like a LOT of them are on the market, but may be a way to get some initial jet time with a relatively low entry cost. Sorry to bug folks because I'm weighing several options.

Thanks,

Best,

Dave

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mase Taylor
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: SOCAL
Re: Citation II info [Re: Dave Siciliano (ADS)]
      #390711 - 05/13/14 08:55 PM

Dang, Dave, it seems like only yesterday you were exploring the idea of a KA-90. So now you have Jet-A in your veins, huh?

I believe the II is an early 550 model with the straight wing, thus not having the best speed but easier handling and none of the drawbacks of the swept-wing models?

Edited by Mase Taylor (05/13/14 09:00 PM)

Randy Sohn
Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: Savage, MN - U.S.A.
Re: Citation II info [Re: Mase Taylor]
      #390713 - 05/13/14 09:09 PM

Quote:

I believe the II is an early 550 model with the straight wing, thus not having the best speed

Yup, been on and around several of those, old joke "lookout for bird strike damage on the trailing edges".

During Transpo-72 I flew the #3 (IIRC) demo plane from Dulles to Leesburg, initially I thought we must be going like a bat outa h--- but then I looked at the instruments again and realized not so. Like the first Lears I flew. Anyways (again IIRC) American was gonna make their sims available to transition the pilots buying them, a deal with Cessna.

best, randy

Edited by Randy Sohn (05/13/14 09:15 PM)

Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

Re: Citation II info [Re: Randy Sohn]
      #390718 - 05/13/14 11:06 PM

Thanks. I can find general info. Looks like a good payload and range for me. My shop is filling me in on maintenance. I wondered about real world speeds and altitude. Service ceiling is FL430, but takes a long time to get up there. Slower than a lot of traffic in the low 30s, so where do these really fly? What is normal cruise there? Fuel burn, that kind of stuff. I can pull some of that up on Flightaware and Fltplan.com. I'm being told it will be an easy transition both from the flying and insurance standpoint and be relatively easy to move to any five series Cessna from there.
Appreciate any thoughts. Of course, I'll need a type rating; studying for the ATP written now.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

#390719 - 05/13/14 11:10 PM

Yep, that's it. Eight seats and good range with crew and four pacs. I can leave off a bit of fuel and have a 1,200 pound payload.
The KA is great and does burn jet-A, but on trips, faster, higher, and better range would be nice. Don't know where I'm headed, but this seems to be a step in the right direction.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

#390720 - 05/13/14 11:11 PM

Over two years and almost 350 hours in the KA now.

Best,

Dave

Mase Taylor
Top Gun

#390722 - 05/13/14 11:18 PM

Quote:

Over two years and almost 350 hours in the KA now.

Best,

Dave

Well time does fly when you're having fun, seems like only yesterday.

I imagine all that time means two or 3 trips to Simcom as well, which is good and also makes the insurance guy happy...

--------------------
Fly The Airplane As Far Into The Crash As Possible. - Bob Hoover 1922-2016 R.I.P.

Dave Siciliano (ADS)
Top Gun

#390723 - 05/13/14 11:32 PM

Yes, three times (g)
Did initial here and wasn't satisfied with the program. SIMCOM folks offered for me to get some extra time to make up for it; so, got recurrent and a lot of extra hours in the sim.
Just finished recurrent this year in April.

Best,

Dave

Mase Taylor
Top Gun

#390724 - 05/13/14 11:43 PM

Quote:

Yep, that's it. Eight seats and good range with crew and four pacs. I can leave off a bit of fuel and have a 1,200 pound payload.
The KA is great and does burn jet-A, but on trips, faster, higher, and better range would be nice. Don't know where I'm headed, but this seems to be a step in the right direction.

Best,

Dave

Well all I can say is if you can pull this off, your nieces are gonna swoon and Uncle Dave is gonna be the Ace of the Base...

--------------------
Fly The Airplane As Far Into The Crash As Possible. - Bob Hoover 1922-2016 R.I.P.

Mase Taylor
Top Gun

Re: Citation II info [Re: Randy Sohn]
      #390725 - 05/13/14 11:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I believe the II is an early 550 model with the straight wing, thus not having the best speed

Yup, been on and around several of those, old joke "lookout for bird strike damage on the trailing edges...

best, randy

Un huh, that is how it got nicknamed the "Slowtation" by folks who should have known better or were consumed with envy.

It is, after all, a JET, entry-level perhaps, but quite capable, Cessna-simple, supported, and I would bet, a gas to fly.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 47864

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG