AVSIG: Bonanza Price REDUCED 14% wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Beechcraft

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Philip Krupp
Public Guest

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Medina, OH
Re: Bonanza Price REDUCED 14% [Re: Robert Mann [HPN-NY]]
      #158623 - 06/16/07 01:03 PM

Yo, Bob.

Of course they're deluded.

It's a 35% return as in, "give me your money and I'll return 35% of it back to you!" Heck of a deal.

--------------------
Philip

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Robert Mann [HPN-NY]
AVSIG Member

Reged: 05/15/04
Loc: NY
Re: Bonanza Price REDUCED 14% [Re: Philip Krupp]
      #158628 - 06/16/07 02:07 PM

Yo Phil,

<<Yo, Bob.
Of course they're deluded.
It's a 35% return as in, "give me your money and I'll return 35% of it back to you!" Heck of a deal. >>

Where have you been since February? I had to go back and refresh my recollection of what you were responding to.

But back to the point, yes, it never ceases to amaze me how people think they can deduct their way into wealth and prosperity. It's 2nd grade math, but it's still news to many adults.

--------------------
Best,

Bob

Tom Pelz [OVS]
Public Guest

Reged: 11/27/04
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Bonanza Price REDUCED 14% [Re: Robert Mann [HPN-NY]]
      #183672 - 02/02/08 09:12 PM

Interesting discussion.

This goes to show that someone can justify whatever they want to.

I have often considered buying a newer Bonanza. (I have a 1959K35). Every time I come close to doing it, I find that upgrading my airframe will not give me any more than I already have and I will then have to spend a lot more money to bring the new airplane up to the condition of my "old" airplane.

Granted, my 1959 has 6000 plus hours on the airframe, but I have maintained it well.

I have a digital autopilot, a 430W, a moving map, weather, tip tanks, large wheels, brakes, and now installing a 550B.

To get what I have in a V35B, I would have to try to sell my airplane or trade it at a loss and then spend almost 100K to either get what I currently have or to upgrade to what I have.

---

I got over having new long ago. New is not all it is cracked up to be.

Plus, the initial depreciation is a hell of a hit.

Tom

Tom Pelz [OVS]
Public Guest

Reged: 11/27/04
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Bonanza Price REDUCED 14% [Re: Sean Franklin]
      #191460 - 04/04/08 05:10 PM

I fly a 1959 K35 Bonanza with over 6000 hours on the airframe.

Two years ago, I wanted a newer Explorer. I found one in Denver, Colorado with 100K on the odometer. No rust on the body.

It did need some repairs. After the repairs, the total cost was still less than 1/2 of a newer used Explorer and about a third the cost of a new Explorer.

The point, It allowed me to have money left over to put into my Bonanza. More importantly, the Bonanza's net worth, after the new parts (430W, digital autopilot with GPSS, etc and the iinstallation of an IO550) has increased!
---

My point again is: I would rather buy a 1974 A36, an IO550 with TAT turbo, a new instrument panel update with many digital parts, a new paint job, tip tanks and then install a new interior,and I would have less than 340 K invested in the airplane.

The airplane I just described would look and feel new. It would be in great working condition because I would have helped do a lot of the work.

This is literallly what I have done with my K35, The process has taken me many years to accomplish.

I find the I appreciate my airplane more having spent many hours working on it (with appropriate supervision), than I would if I just bought it.

Tom

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 14588

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG