AVSIG: BasicMed wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> FAA Topics

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Evad Rellimhtug
Top Gun

Reged: 08/31/01
Re: BasicMed [Re: Richard Palm (PAO)]
      #435522 - 02/12/17 05:02 AM

Quote:

Some people have been concerned about the price and availability of liability insurance to cover docs who provide the signoff.

Most of the Doc's on another board don't see this as an issue. My Cardiologist buddy said he would do them without hesitation.

--------------------
Best,
Evad

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gil Buettner [KAUW]
Top Gun

Reged: 05/17/04
Loc: Gateway to the Northwoods
Re: BasicMed [Re: John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]]
      #435566 - 02/13/17 12:34 AM

Quote:

As a flight instructor with a simple special issuance, I see BasicMed as a good thing. It is supposed to go into effect in May, but I think it'll take a good nine months to get any bugs worked out.

I got a letter from the FAA last week with a new 2nd class certificate and a statement that my SI is no longer needed. Yours is for a different condition, I know, but thought you might find it interesting.

--------------------
-Gil

John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]
Top Gun

Reged: 09/13/01
Loc: Minnesota
Re: BasicMed [Re: Gil Buettner [KAUW]]
      #435706 - 02/16/17 07:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As a flight instructor with a simple special issuance, I see BasicMed as a good thing. It is supposed to go into effect in May, but I think it'll take a good nine months to get any bugs worked out.

I got a letter from the FAA last week with a new 2nd class certificate and a statement that my SI is no longer needed. Yours is for a different condition, I know, but thought you might find it interesting.

Well isn't that interesting!

I had my last Physical with Dr. Chien in September. I have to submit my paperwork showing compliance again this coming September, but that is all via email (well, except the visit to the local Sleep doc and paperwork she generates). At this stage, I'm guessing I'll continue on that path, and around this time next year evaluate where things sit with BasicMed.

I did drop back from 2nd class to 3rd class when I got the SI since I don't really need it to instruct, and I never feel into another other situation where it might be needed.

John

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5279

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG