AVSIG: 709 letter wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> FAA Topics

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
John Gaitskill, 0A7
Top Gun

Reged: 05/15/04
Loc: hendersonville, nc
Re: 709 letter [Re: nehoC hctiM]
      #417872 - 11/15/15 07:21 PM

I don't think they took the helicopter pilot's certificate while waiting. The 150 owner I flew with kept his certificate while waiting to schedule the 709 ride.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rick Cremer
AVSIG Member

Reged: 05/30/04
Loc: KSRQ
Re: 709 letter [Re: John Gaitskill, 0A7]
      #417935 - 11/17/15 05:57 PM

Quote:

I don't think they took the helicopter pilot's certificate while waiting. The 150 owner I flew with kept his certificate while waiting to schedule the 709 ride.

No the FAA doesn't take certificate action with a pending Title 49 USC Sect. 44709 reexamination.

The 44709 check (ground or air) affords the airman to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities that were required to meet the original certificate requirements.

For example, a private pilot taxis off the edge of a runway and dings a nosewheel. The FAA inspector might discuss with the pilot proper taxiing techniques as discussed in Section 2-9 of the Airplane Flying Handbook. And might spend .1 or .2 hours having the pilot demonstrate the ability to taxi as required in the PTS for Private Pilots (FAA-S-8081-14B), Task D.

If the pilot does OK, that's the end of it. If not the FAA then might propose suspending the airman's certificate until he/she gets enough dual and solo practice in the art of taxiing. I don't think, in my 32 years as an FAA inspector, I ever proposed a certificate action following a 609/709 ride.

Best

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17085

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG