AVSIG: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Airlines & Air Crews

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Randy Sohn
Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: Savage, MN - U.S.A.
Re: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] [Re: Stephanie Belser]
      #131268 - 10/26/06 09:41 AM

Quote:

Oh, I see. By "mental midgets", you were referring to people who get their news from "USA Today". In that, I concur.

Stephanie

Well Steph, as one of my high school classmates used to say when someone got it almost correct, "Pert nert - but not plumb", if I'd been writing that sentence I'd of inserted an "all" in there so that it would've read "referring to people who get *all* their news from "USA Today".

best, randy (chao, gotta run, I gotta be down at the truckstop 6 minutes ago)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bruce Gorrell [EQY]
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Re: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] [Re: Richard Duxbury (Dux)]
      #131313 - 10/26/06 02:41 PM

>>but the Azores B767 was indeed a very close call.<<

Umm, A330? And if you're going to sit there without noticing that you're pumping all the fuel over the side, you can do that in a ten-engined airplane as easily as a two-engined airplane.

Edited by Bruce Gorrell (CLT) (10/26/06 02:42 PM)

Joe Budge (W29)
Top Gun

Reged: 04/30/04
Re: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] [Re: Dave Churchill]
      #131316 - 10/26/06 02:56 PM

Quote:

So which will happen: Restoration of cleaning service, restoration of food service, or neither? If I had to guess, I'd say the third option.

I'm guessing the fourth option: "We'll sell you this crumby snack box for 5 bucks and prohibit you from bringing your own messy food on board." You heard it here first. Gag!

Regards,
Joe

Randy Sohn

Re: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] [Re: Bruce Gorrell [EQY]]
      #131331 - 10/26/06 04:32 PM

B - Concur.

re>>And if you're going to sit there without noticing that you're pumping all the fuel over the side, you can do that in a ten-engined airplane as easily as a two-engined airplane<<

But anyone here for discussing "by-the-book"/computer solutions <g>?

best, randy

Edited by Randy Sohn (10/26/06 04:33 PM)

Bruce Gorrell [EQY]
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Charlotte, NC
Re: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] [Re: Randy Sohn]
      #131334 - 10/26/06 04:54 PM

Sometimes the book runs out of pages. That's when you have know the systems.

Randy Sohn

Re: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] [Re: Bruce Gorrell [EQY]]
      #131343 - 10/26/06 05:54 PM

B - re>>Sometimes the book runs out of pages<<

True, but sometimes it only takes one (first) page for someone sitting at a "BMD".

>>That's when you have know the systems<<

Again, concur to the Nth power! To quote my ole "light running" chum from Big Spring/Lomax, "I think you done broke the code!"

best, randy

Steve Stombaugh (IND)
Public Guest

Reged: 05/01/04
Loc: Indiana
Re: NWA & Boeing 787s [Financing Secured] [Re: Joe Budge (W29)]
      #132258 - 11/03/06 03:34 AM

Quote:

I'm guessing the fourth option: "We'll sell you this crumby snack box for 5 bucks and prohibit you from bringing your own messy food on board." You heard it here first. Gag!

Regards,
Joe

Yeah, I worry about that.

Lots to mull over, after a trip IND>MSP>SEA>MSP>IND last week. Unfortunately, in my new job, more airline repositions than before (this one was vacation). Learned to bring my own food, as the gourmet pretzels get tiring. Didn't know, besides not getting an aisle seat for the requisitive $15, that NWA charged $2 or $5 for the 'pretzels'. Glad anymore to stop at the local Panera and grab a sandwich or salad to carry on board, probably ought to bring extras and make a profit, as most look at me in envy (to avoid thread creep, I do give the remnants to the F/A).

And, might as well stick this in.... I know the TSA changed the 'rules', but much appreciate MSP having restaurants inside security, as opposed to IND where you must leave security to get decent (sic) food. Did have to laugh at the airline pilot (we're in MSP, so you guess the flavor) sitting at the table next to the soda machine, drinking multiple cups of soda from his 'water' glass.....maybe he had to pay for the newspaper that morning?

Oops, one other question? F/A on one of the flights had an FAA 'license' hanging around his neck (it was of the new green/blue badges). When I asked him what license he held, he told me that all F/A's are now FAA-licensed? He went on to tell me about all the training required of F/A's, and about 'ALL' that lost their licenses when 'they' started doing ten year background checks???

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6276

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG