AVSIG: To "Randy" wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> Aviation History

Pages: 1
John Graff
Top Gun

Reged: 05/19/04
Loc: KOJC
To "Randy"
      #413659 - 08/12/15 07:44 PM

Herr Oberst:

Did you receive the snail-mail I sent to your from the K.C, Star regarding Tibbets et-al?

Oblt JG

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Scott Dyer [HPN/NY]
Top Gun

Reged: 01/11/03
Re: To "Randy" [Re: John Graff]
      #413699 - 08/13/15 02:21 AM

Hello, John, good to see your name here.

John Graff
Top Gun

Re: To "Randy" [Re: Scott Dyer [HPN/NY]]
      #413715 - 08/13/15 02:35 PM

Thanks Scott!

John

Randy Sohn
Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: Savage, MN - U.S.A.
      #413719 - 08/13/15 03:53 PM

Quote:

Did you receive the snail-mail ......regarding Tibbets

Johannes, you bet, got it, read it and have showed it to several people. Right now it's down at the local Caribou coffee shop where I let a couple other interested look at it. Thanks again!

---------
For the people on here that are reading this, prolly I should 'splain the situation. Many years ago I'd re-qualified Paul Tibbets Jr. in the B-29 Fifi (same as the Enola Gay that he'd flown at Hiroshima). Good stick! Anyhow, a few years after that he and his grandson, Paul Tibbets IV, came down to Harlingen and I took a photo of them in Fifi's pilot's seats. It's a color photo and young Paul tells me that it's his favorite photo of the two of them and also the one that he always shows to various groups that he gives speeches to. To me that photo show the obvious regard that old Paul has for young Paul and is the one that the newspaper used in the article. The reason for the article is that young Paul, now also a B/G, has taken command of the 509th Bomb Wing, now at Whiteman AFB at Sedalia, MO.
------------

Thanks again John! So great to see you here on Avsig!

best, randy

John Graff
Top Gun

Re: To "Randy" [Re: Randy Sohn]
      #413799 - 08/14/15 05:03 PM

Randy:

Your modesty is only exceeded by your meaningful contributions to Aviation! All should know the MANY extents to which you have become a vital living parts of Aviation History. Sehr gut Mein Oberst!

[:>) John

Quote:

Quote:

Did you receive the snail-mail ......regarding Tibbets

Johannes, you bet, got it, read it and have showed it to several people. Right now it's down at the local Caribou coffee shop where I let a couple other interested look at it. Thanks again!

---------
For the people on here that are reading this, prolly I should 'splain the situation. Many years ago I'd re-qualified Paul Tibbets Jr. in the B-29 Fifi (same as the Enola Gay that he'd flown at Hiroshima). Good stick! Anyhow, a few years after that he and his grandson, Paul Tibbets IV, came down to Harlingen and I took a photo of them in Fifi's pilot's seats. It's a color photo and young Paul tells me that it's his favorite photo of the two of them and also the one that he always shows to various groups that he gives speeches to. To me that photo show the obvious regard that old Paul has for young Paul and is the one that the newspaper used in the article. The reason for the article is that young Paul, now also a B/G, has taken command of the 509th Bomb Wing, now at Whiteman AFB at Sedalia, MO.
------------

Thanks again John! So great to see you here on Avsig!

best, randy

Randy Sohn
Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: Savage, MN - U.S.A.
      #413801 - 08/14/15 05:35 PM

Quote:

living parts of Aviation Histor

This high school grad farm kid has been exceedingly lucky thruout!

best, randy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3058

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG