AVSIG: No subscribed thread emails and... wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> AVSIG News and Help

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

Reged: 05/05/04
No subscribed thread emails and...
      #370304 - 06/06/13 05:25 PM

EDIT My bad on the email part, it's a Network Solutions error not forwarding. Never mind :-(

Rodents don't seem in the mood to let me know via email when there are new posts to threads I subscribe to. Seemed to start about mid-morning (today, 6/6/13). You go back to feedin' em the cheap chow? <g>

Later...Edit time dropped back to very brief, after you'd generously changed it to multi-hours, way back. Hey, sometimes one catches things a little later than desired ;-) More rodent rebellion?

More whining, as I feel the need :-)

jb

Edited by Jim Bell (06/06/13 06:18 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mike OverlyAdministrator
Hangar Rat w/Buttons

Reged: 04/09/01
Loc: Columbus, OH
Re: No subscribed thread emails and... [Re: Jim Bell]
      #370321 - 06/06/13 08:11 PM

Pure Zen Bell Sig Haiku.

Rodents are off the wheel, poking around in the leftovers from our big grad party blowout over the weekend. Sad to report several have strayed into peanut-butter-baited traps and will not be returning. We are instead recruiting alley cats, which so-far resist training and are pestering the bulls off 9R.

(Editing time back to one hour thanks to a few who were exploiting the 12-hour window to hurl barbs in the overnight hours only to clean it all up later. Oh, the humanity)

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

Re: No subscribed thread emails and... [Re: Mike Overly]
      #370323 - 06/06/13 08:24 PM

Yeah, Zen boy, that's me :-) Keeping to that thought, I got me 17 choice syllables for the grease stains that now require me to correct simple stupidity in an hour. Let me begin...

Already sent another version to Network Solutions, I've no doubt they'll appreciate the good thought. A direct email path from the sig is working wonders now :-)

Congrats to the grad!!! Off to the big bad city now?

jb

Jeff Hartmann CIC
Top Gun

Reged: 05/18/04
Loc: Chico,CA
Re: No subscribed thread emails and... [Re: Jim Bell]
      #370339 - 06/07/13 09:07 AM

Am I alone, or are there others who wish to know......what the H are you guys smokin!?

But, Mikey, if Grad deal was real.....Congratulations!

Put more grain in the bins, or more cows in the north forty to occupy the bulls.....( we can make a low pass to scare them until fixed.)

I did like the long edit time, but it was sometimes confusing to see a thread that looked harmless answered with unusual comments, because it had been edited later.

--------------------
Jeff

nothing clever to say right now...

Edited by Jeff Hartmann (EQY/SVH) (06/07/13 09:13 AM)

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

Re: No subscribed thread emails and... [Re: Jeff Hartmann CIC]
      #370351 - 06/07/13 11:26 AM

>>Am I alone, or are there others who wish to know......what the H are you guys smokin!?<<

Well, can't speak for Mike but, uhmmm, what was the question? <g> Kidding, really.

>>I did like the long edit time, but it was sometimes confusing to see a thread that looked harmless answered with unusual comments, because it had been edited later. <<

Come to think of it, noticed a few of those too. I've always tried to make factual/context edits obvious with an EDIT note; the grammar/spelling stuff, well, I seem to need more than one try sometimes <g>

jb

Mike OverlyAdministrator
Hangar Rat w/Buttons

Re: No subscribed thread emails and... [Re: Jeff Hartmann CIC]
      #370369 - 06/07/13 05:50 PM

Well, what can I say? Haight-Ashbury had beat poetry ... AVSIG has Jim Bell.

(Yes, the grad part is true, and thanks. I split that topic off to People/Places).

Kcid LlirreM
Top Gun

Reged: 05/15/04
Loc: Chuckey, TN
      #370615 - 06/11/13 07:45 AM

CAUTION: animals were harmed during this.

Speaking of Ohio State and alley cats: My dad attended OSU med. school in the 30's and they needed cats for anatomy classes. Today they buy them from supply houses already preserved, but during the depression no funds for such conveniences, so my dad and other students went on midnight raids to capture alley cats around Columbus. The cats were "put to sleep" using various methods and the students had their way with them.

Edited by Kcid LlirreM (06/11/13 07:46 AM)

Anne Umphrey (KBED)
Top Gun

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: KBED
Re: No subscribed thread emails and... [Re: Kcid LlirreM]
      #370618 - 06/11/13 08:12 AM

In my freshman biology class we dissected a cat. I was given a great big fat old long hair black cat. Yuck! Black hair everywhere. It was a male, they said, but darned if I could find any sexual organs. I'm guessing it was a pet cat that was scooped up and dispatched. The companies who supplied animals did that all the time.

Who knows how the cats were gathered and dispatched. Maybe some family still looking for Fluffy even as he was laid out on my dissecting tray. Didn't make me happy then, doesn't make me happy now.

--------------------
You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky.
- Amelia Earhart, 1897 - 1937

Mike OverlyAdministrator
Hangar Rat w/Buttons

Re: No subscribed thread emails and... [Re: Kcid LlirreM]
      #370660 - 06/11/13 10:30 PM

Nowadays you can never find alley cats within a few blocks of a campus Chinese buffet, for whatever reason.

Ralph Jones
Top Gun

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: 4CO2
      #370661 - 06/11/13 10:45 PM

When SWMBO was in college, the ducks on the campus lake tended to thin out around the end of semester...;-)

--------------------
Ralph Jones
LS-4a N49LS 6R

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5339

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG