AVSIG: It'd be nice if... wwswsigarch.jpg (7236 bytes)

✈ . . . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . ✈ . ✈ . . ✈ . . . ✈ . . . . ✈ . . . . . ✈ . . . . . . Touch-and-Go to our Live Forum (This is a Read-only Archive of the 2004-2017 AVSIG Forum)

AVSIG Discussion Sections >> AVSIG News and Help

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

Reged: 05/05/04
It'd be nice if...
      #171696 - 10/10/07 09:40 PM

There was a logout button at the bottom of the page too. Hey, I'm lazy Mike <g>.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mike OverlyAdministrator
Hangar Rat w/Buttons

Reged: 04/09/01
Loc: Columbus, OH
Re: It'd be nice if... [Re: Jim Bell]
      #171747 - 10/11/07 09:05 AM

Quote:

There was a logout button at the bottom of the page too. Hey, I'm lazy Mike <g>.

I'm just as as lazy about this issue. Maybe, lazier. I usually resort to turning my computer upside-down to logout under this circumstance. The only gotcha is that I have to remember to turn the computer right-side up again to login, or to look for the login at the bottom in the first place. The whole procedure, of course, affects my other work. For instance, I think I accidentally bought IBM at 99 instead of 66 once.

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

Re: It'd be nice if... [Re: Mike Overly]
      #171757 - 10/11/07 10:29 AM

Quote:

The whole procedure, of course, affects my other work. For instance, I think I accidentally bought IBM at 99 instead of 66 once.

<G>. For some reason Firefox in Vista is having some sort of odd page up/down issue, arrows work sometimes, sometimes not, probably some smooth scrolling setting. I like the upside down approach though, would that void the warranty on the Falcon ya think? ;-)

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#171855 - 10/12/07 12:05 AM

I wonder who else is gonna notice that turning one's machine upside down is no longer required for page bottom logouts <GGG>. Cool stuff Mike.

Mike OverlyAdministrator
Hangar Rat w/Buttons

#171874 - 10/12/07 10:40 AM

Alas, those who had their machines turned upside down prior to the change may now be in a hopeless state. At least Randy's messages will look the same either way :).

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#171878 - 10/12/07 11:13 AM

Quote:

At least Randy's messages will look the same either way :)

Ahh, yes, Randy, the Yogi Berra of Avsig. Good stuff to read though after the deciphering process (sorry Randy, couldn't resist <g>).

Randy Sohn
Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: Savage, MN - U.S.A.
      #171887 - 10/12/07 12:22 PM

J (and Mike <g>) - re>>Ahh, yes....after the deciphering process (sorry Randy, couldn't resist <g>)<<

Chuckle, "method to my madness tho", Deakin tells me that, after he goes to all the trouble of figuring out what I'd said, there is no possible way in h--l for him to just delete/forget it from his brain. ("Ear worm"!)

best, randy, "sorry 'bout that"

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

Re: It'd be nice if... [Re: Randy Sohn]
      #171889 - 10/12/07 12:32 PM

Randy,

Quote:

Chuckle, "method to my madness tho", Deakin tells me that, after he goes to all the trouble of figuring out what I'd said, there is no possible way in h--l for him to just delete/forget it from his brain. ("Ear worm"!)

You haven't read some of my so-convoluted-they-make-your-head-spin posts recently <g>. They don't stay in anyone's brain, more like folks pick sumptin that appears to make sense and go from there <G>. Thanks for taking my comment in the good spirit with which it was intended. Hmmm, ear worm, wasn't there a really creepy Twilight Zone about earwigs? <shiver>.

Randy Sohn

#171905 - 10/12/07 02:05 PM

J - re>>You haven't read some of my so-convoluted-they-make-your-head-spin posts recently <g>. They don't stay in anyone's brain, more like folks pick sumptin that appears to make sense and go from there <G>. Thanks for taking my comment in the good spirit with which it was intended. Hmmm, ear worm, wasn't there a really creepy Twilight Zone about earwigs? <shiver>.<<

Dunnioo, beat BTSOM, C , all I know is how it appparsher and then late on whait says afte I gfet down with cooorctijng iot fo rtansnioosson, fist I type it adn then I shav egtosopen doal tha ttime coorectingit so thsi ishjatgoes o tmy frinds and the floowlioigj is wah tten goes to AVadig. For tehjarwoej stuff, yo neds to go to teh St. Paul Dispatch Bulletij Boprad to look fo the atrwoen stuff.

Dunno, BTSOM, C, all I know is how it apppears here and then later on how it appears after I get done with correcting it all for transmitting, fisrt I type it and then having to spend all that time correcting it so this is what goes to my frinds and the following is what then goes to AvSig. For that earworm stuff, you need to go to the St. Paul Dispatch Bulletin Board to look for that earworm stuff.

best, randy (who can spell - but can't type)

Randy Sohn

#171907 - 10/12/07 02:08 PM

J - re>>You haven't read some of my so-convoluted-they-make-your-head-spin posts recently <g>. They don't stay in anyone's brain, more like folks pick sumptin that appears to make sense and go from there <G>. Thanks for taking my comment in the good spirit with which it was intended. Hmmm, ear worm, wasn't there a really creepy Twilight Zone about earwigs? <shiver>.<<

Dunnioo, beat BTSOM, C , all I know is how it appparsher and then late on whait says afte I gfet down with cooorctijng iot fo rtansnioosson, fist I type it adn then I shav egtosopen doal tha ttime coorectingit so thsi ishjatgoes o tmy frinds and the floowlioigj is wah tten goes to AVadig. For tehjarwoej stuff, yo neds to go to teh St. Paul Dispatch Bulletij Boprad to look fo the atrwoen stuff.

Dunno, BTSOM, C, all I know is how it apppears here and then later what it says/appears after I get done with correcting it all for transmitting, fisrt I type it and then having to spend all that time correcting it so this is what goes to my frinds and the following is what then goes to AvSig. For that earworm stuff, you need to go to the St. Paul Dispatch Bulletin Board to look for that earworm stuff.

best, randy (who can spell - but can't type)

Randy Sohn

#171936 - 10/12/07 07:50 PM

Self and Jim - re>>St. Paul Dispatch<<

Well, Bat$--t, someone just called to remind me that the daily rag from the other side of the river is properly called the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

I dunno, I still think that it meb'be USED to be the Dispatch or something like that.

best, randy

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#171945 - 10/12/07 09:20 PM

Randy,

Lol, and ya got to post it twice too <G>.

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#171952 - 10/12/07 09:41 PM

Randy,

Ah-ha, get it now, re: earworms, perfect.

Btw, Mickey's Diner...spent the better part of a winter in St. Paul, living on Kellogg I think, across from the Fed courthouse. That was back in my musician days, Smugglers Inn...every night, no matter how cold, Mickey's was it, good food and memories there!

Randy Sohn

#171958 - 10/12/07 10:20 PM

J - re>>Btw, Mickey's Diner......good food and memories<<

Yup, concur - and limited seating <g>! Always reminds me of the Spur truckstop/coffee shop down here on the corner, alwsya a goodly supply of static from the waitress!

best, randy

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#171978 - 10/13/07 01:43 AM

Randy,

Quote:

J - re>>Btw, Mickey's Diner......good food and memories<<
Yup, concur - and limited seating <g>!

Mickey's, tiny and tasty <g>. Got me thinking way back to those musician days, played most every dive in this great land, a few good places too...

Out of all those places I spent any amount of time in (usually it was a week or two, move on...) the Twin Cities was my favorite. We were there from Halloween to the day after New Years, brutal winter, real temps -30F on a few of those days, must have been '77 or '78 I guess. We split the gig between the high-rise where we had an apartment for the band, one of those commercial on the bottom two floors, apartments and condos above. The first six weeks were gravy, get in the elevator, play at the Smugglers downstairs, bliss for our hard drivin' 'n drinkin' crew <G>. Then, we had to play the Smugglers in Brainerd, man that was a drive. Now you know why musicians and waitresses hook up...darlin', I can't drive that far back to St. Paul, please, HELP ME <G>.

My real point is, the folks there were the best, didn't judge you 'til you did something *really* stupid, we'd get invited to family things, great food and company, a very nice place to have been. A bit cold for my aging bones these days, but the nicest, most honest folks I've ever met, across the board. My $0.02 on MN, glad I got to spend that time there. Now, about Texas...;-)

Randy Sohn

#172013 - 10/13/07 03:42 PM

J - re>>played most every dive in this great land, a few good places too.......Now, about Texas...;-)<<

You got me to thinking back, an acquaintance from San Benito in the Valley, Baldimar Huerta (real name, not his stage name), asked me once if I knew what passing away from a gunshot or knife wound in one of those Texas "cut'n'shoot" dance halls was? Answer, "dying a natural death".

G-e-e-z, Brainerd, 99 nautical miles from KMSP, first stop in a DC-3 to Grand Forks for us. Sounds more like playing Gull Lake or Donnybrooke to me.

best, randy

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#172020 - 10/13/07 04:24 PM

Randy,

Quote:

You got me to thinking back, an acquaintance from San Benito in the Valley, Baldimar Huerta (real name, not his stage name), asked me once if I knew what passing away from a gunshot or knife wound in one of those Texas "cut'n'shoot" dance halls was? Answer, "dying a natural death".

Perfect <G>.

Quote:

G-e-e-z, Brainerd, 99 nautical miles from KMSP, first stop in a DC-3 to Grand Forks for us. Sounds more like playing Gull Lake or Donnybrooke to me.

It was Blaine, don't know where I came up with Brainerd. The Smugglers Inns were a smallish semi-upscale chain in the Midwest back then, played a few, Columbus OH among them, nice joints actually, still have some of the faux pewter plates they'd serve the prime rib on! <g>

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#172233 - 10/16/07 12:21 AM

Mike,

An update on the bottom 'o the page logout...since I still haven't figgered out what the page up/down problem is in the browsers (Vista is my guess), it really is a cool convenience, thanks :-)

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#180640 - 01/04/08 11:26 PM

Mike,

I still like that logout button @ the bottom of the page. Being one of the gotta-get-the-last-word-in guys, it's nice to retire immedgiately to the safe confines of Home after another off-topic thread-creeping reply <g>.

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#231795 - 01/17/09 04:42 AM

And I get to be even lazier when scrolled way down with the Main Index link awaiting my command <g>. I have attention issues, took me awhile to notice ;-)

jb

Mike OverlyAdministrator
Hangar Rat w/Buttons

#231876 - 01/17/09 01:16 PM

We've been working night and day on an "Open Jim's Refrigerator" link too, but so far it generates nothing but a page of ASCII gibberish.

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#231882 - 01/17/09 01:40 PM Attachment (201 downloads)

Well, this'll have to do for a bit, and thanks, for giving me an idea as to how to waste yet more time doing nothing constructive whatsoever <G>.

jb

Mike OverlyAdministrator
Hangar Rat w/Buttons

#231894 - 01/17/09 02:29 PM

Congratulations, Jim, on living past 40. The solitary box of Mrs. Paul's fish fillets almost offsets the rest of your pantry ... unless they're breaded :).

Jim Gifford
Top Gun

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Montgomery County MD
      #231898 - 01/17/09 03:10 PM

ROBIN: Holy polyunsaturated fat, Batman!

BATMAN: Yes, Robin, Mr. Freeze has been CHURNING up some SWEET plot to RAID THE FRIDGE in Gotham. He'll no doubt be SKIMMING THE CREAM from some unsuspecting repository. We'll have to put a LID on it, and then he'll HAAGEN his DAAZ in QUART.

ROBIN: (smacks fist into palm) You're right again, Batman...

--------------------
Be well,
-Jim

Edited by Jim Gifford (01/17/09 03:11 PM)

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

#231908 - 01/17/09 04:49 PM

Thanks Mike, 16 years past the expiration date! <g> That was an older pic, I've since switched to Gorton's Crispy Battered Haddock Fillets, much healthier I think, and I feel that the squeeze of fresh lemon must have beneficial health effects.

If I was sure my ISP wouldn't cut me off I'd broadcast FridgeCam...Live. I've been amusing myself this afternoon setting that up...with a wireless cam inside the fridge, and the exterior on another port. It's actually remarkably amusing, and settles some issues as to whether the light really goes off when you close the door. My secret, tee-hee. Batteries on the wireless cam don't last too long @ 34F though <sigh>.

jb

Jim Bell
AVSIG Member

Re: It'd be nice if... [Re: Jim Gifford]
      #231909 - 01/17/09 04:51 PM

LOL, brilliant Jim, especially '...and then he'll HAAGEN his DAAZ in QUART.'

jb

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mike Overly 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10008

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us AVSIG