Bill Bridges - 9S1
(Top Gun)
12/08/16 01:33 AM
B-36 Departing Carswell

B-36 Departing Carswell . I remember one on display across from the old GSW airport. It was open where folks could climb on it.

Bill

Mase Taylor
(Top Gun)
12/08/16 02:05 AM
Re: B-36 Departing Carswell

Takes awhile for the mains to come unglued.

Russell Holton
(AVSIG Member)
12/08/16 04:31 AM

Nice chase plane work.

Randy Sohn
(Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres)
12/08/16 09:45 AM

Quote:

I remember one on display across from the old GSW airport

Bill, that 's the one that they wanted me to ferry, I told them when they got all 6 piston engines running to call me back (chuckle, never heard from them again). IIRC it's in TUC now, trucked out there.

best, randy

Ralph Jones
(Top Gun)
12/08/16 09:45 AM

That was Paul Mantz filming from his B-25, one continuous shot from brake release to gear up; it appears in the Jimmy Stewart film Strategic Air Command, 1955. Some interesting B-47 stuff in it, too.

Randy Sohn
(Gradn Exlated Ordre of teh Fyling Fingres)
12/08/16 09:50 AM

Quote:

filming from his B-25, one continuous shot from brake release to gear up

Did one like that also from a Corvette convertible of the B-29. I told them to use flaps 25, had the camera mounted in the CV and stayed under their left wing, was able to stay with them until I had to brake hard at the end of the HRL runway.

best, randy

Richard Duxbury (Dux)
(Top Gun)
12/09/16 04:29 PM

Yes, that B-36 is part of the outside display at Pima Air Museum in Tucson. They made it a big deal when it first was added to the display -hmm, perhaps 3-4 years ago.

Regards,

Dux -now in MSP and looking at cold weather coming and perhaps some snow as well.

Contact Us AVSIG