Joe Budge (W29)
(Top Gun)
01/01/07 07:29 PM
Flying Fish!

Gotta get me one of these toys for this summer:

Flying Dolphin Boat

Shark! Should clear the beach pretty well <g>.

Regards,
Joe

J. Wiley
(Aviation Researcher)
01/02/07 02:57 AM
Re: Flying Fish!

There are that many Raptor canopies already discarded???

Ralph Jones
(Top Gun)
01/02/07 06:26 AM

Better be careful about showing off in front of male dolphins...

Joe Budge (W29)
(Top Gun)
01/02/07 07:01 PM

<< There are that many Raptor canopies already discarded??? >>

Yeah, there were a few things in that story which strained my credulity gauge. In addition to the canopy: With only 20 seconds under water, WTF are you going to find out via radio or video about surface conditions that will change your decision to surface or not? Then whatinell are you going to do if the answer is "No"? Also what does that 300HP engine do to the air supply in the vehicle while you're underwater?

Nonetheless it looks like a hoot. I can think of a couple of deserted deepwater lakes where it'd be perfect. Ramona would have a blast in it, if she could just get over the mosquitoes out there.

Regards,
Joe

B. Butler (Oregonian)
(Top Gun)
01/14/07 05:04 PM

Quote:

Also what does that 300HP engine do to the air supply in the vehicle while you're underwater?

Regards,
Joe

I used to work with a guy who spent a couple years on one of the US Navy's last snorkel boats. Said it was absolutely miserable if there was any sea running. You'd be sound asleep and suddenly wake up screaming from the ear pain as the main induction slammed shut and the diesels drew from inside the boat.

Ralph Jones
(Top Gun)
01/14/07 05:12 PM

I'm told that if one of the current submarines has a fire aboard, the fastest way to clear the smoke is to stick the bridge hatch out of the water and fire up the auxiliary diesel.

Contact Us AVSIG