Tom Tyson [SUW]
(Glider Guider)
07/22/09 08:29 PM
Style Sheets Changed?

I just noticed that on my computer AvSIG style sheets (infopop in my case, but I see it when I switch to other sheets as well) just changed some of it's characteristics - larger font and a curious darker gridline around some groupings of the section titles on the main forum page.

What's up (or has my Vicodin prescription done in my vision completely)

Bruce Gorrell [EQY]
(Top Gun)
07/22/09 09:09 PM
Re: Style Sheets Changed?

I'm getting an asterisk next to what appears to be the next unread message (instead of the colored file folder. As I read the message with the * next to it, the * jumps to the next message. I'm using the Desert Classic style sheet..

I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0.12, so that may be the cause.

Tom Tyson [SUW]
(Glider Guider)
07/22/09 09:32 PM

I think you broke the code - Firefox 3.0.11 here with a software upgrade reboot last night...

tnx!

Mike OverlyAdministrator
(Hangar Rat w/Buttons)
07/23/09 01:47 PM

Tom: Trying to resolve the browser/Vicodin distinctions here. Do you see pink elephants in Desert Classic?

<G>

Tom Tyson [SUW]
(Glider Guider)
07/23/09 02:02 PM

Quote:

Do you see pink elephants in Desert Classic?

<grin> No

This is a Firefox / AvSIG interaction issue. IE works fine on all systems and Firefox is only having AvSIG hallucinations on my primary web system.

Since my initial post here yesterday I've pretty much decided the problem is within the four walls of my office.

Thanks for the concern, and I'll let you know what I ultimately find if it IS an interaction issue, but I think I own this glitch.

Jerry Kurata [KLVK]
(Top Gun)
07/23/09 08:31 PM

I have seen and reported this before. Firefox in my case also.

John Cooper [KAVL]
(Top Gun)
07/23/09 09:20 PM

I just upgraded to the newest version of Firefox, and didn't notice any changes at all. I'm using 'the blues' style sheet.

Rod Madsen (RDU)
(AVSIG Member)
07/24/09 12:17 AM

I'm using that same style sheet. Just downloaded FireFox 3.5 and it seem a LOT faster. What's your experience?

Bruce Gorrell [EQY]
(Top Gun)
07/24/09 02:34 AM

I was troubleshooting another problem and the Mozilla forum was full of complaints about 3.5, saying it took too long to load.

I'm still using 3.0.12.

Rod Madsen (RDU)
(AVSIG Member)
07/24/09 01:34 PM

Quote:

I was troubleshooting another problem and the Mozilla forum was full of complaints about 3.5, saying it took too long to load.

Strange. Only took me a few (less than 5) minutes. I have Vista. Maybe that's the difference.

Bruce Gorrell [EQY]
(Top Gun)
07/25/09 02:21 AM

The excess time they talked about was for the program to start, not for the download, and I think it WAS only for XP.

J. Wiley
(Aviation Researcher)
07/25/09 06:14 PM

The latest firefox crashes or hangs up so often I sent them a note asking when they had merged with Microsoft?

Mase Taylor
(Top Gun)
07/25/09 06:39 PM

Quote:

The latest firefox crashes or hangs up so often I sent them a note asking when they had merged with Microsoft?

Well, I have downloaded 3.5 to two machines and no crashes as of yet....

Contact Us AVSIG