Roger Ferrer
(Public Guest)
07/30/09 08:23 AM
Re: Student Pilot - Landing Problems

Thanks Anne / Mase,
Gosh, that's a good link to Sporty's. They have plenty of material there. Very cool!

Mike, how long did it take you to complete the night rating?

The only reason I am asking about IFR is because my instructor and even Mike Campos recommended to do that next.
I've been working hard understanding and using the VORs. I had trouble locating an airport that did not have a VOR on-site using the closest airport VOR TO-FROM but I think that finally I got it. My CFI showed me how to use one instrument for directional purposes to get the appropriate radio and the other one to find out where I am and do an intercept. However, he said "there is too many ways to skin a cat..." with the VORs.

The other thing that my instructor mentioned is that the ADF is going away. Any thoughts on that?

You guys probably know but another nice tool I found very useful is the Electronic Flight Directory that AOPA on their website. It's a free download for IPOD and maybe other handheld devices. It's really nice to locate airports and frequencies. The only thing is that I am not sure if it works about 1000 ft AGL. :-)

Thank you All!
Have a pleasant day!

Contact Us AVSIG